+  PlayOn Plugins - Unofficial Plugins - Development - Help
|-+  Archive» Archives» Roku Help?
Username:
Password:
Welcome
News:
Welcome to PlayOnPlugins.com! If you want fresh stuff for PlayOn, we can help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Roku Help?  (Read 1686 times)
tater4

Times Thanked: 1

« on: January 30, 2011, 02:36:25 PM »

Was wondering if you could make a section just for help for people using Playon on the Roku.  Most of the scripts that I've downloaded here work, but the shows are real slow to load unlike the Roku side.  Then there are other problems like "tvlinks" doesn't name the source only says source #1, or #2 and the like. And on "scriPTV" I wanted to watch "24 hours of Daytona" on "LiveTV Sports" which streamed to computer just prefect but hung up on loading on Playon. I realize that Roku works straight off the internet and Playon works as a server off the computer feeding through the Roku but it's not working just perfect yet.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I love this Playon and all the scripts out there, may just be me and my setup.  Have just on more thought... I also have a "StarTech.com" box that allows anything that I can get on my computer to mirror on my wide screen effortlessly, except that I don't have a remote for the computer....lol.  So if nothing else, Playon has helped me get web address's to all the shows that I really want.  Oh, one more thing, could we get a script for TravelChannel??  Thanks, didn't mean to rant...lol.  Tater

Had a Roku 1, Now Have 2 & 3, & Wii, Cisco Wireless, But Wired Computers, same network, One Win 7 64b, AMD 255 Dual core w/13gb memory & One Win 7 32B, AMD 255 Dual Core W/12g memory.
tater4

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 09:03:45 AM »

Added Wii to my network and I have to tell you that playon works a whole lot better with the Wii then with Roku! Grin

Had a Roku 1, Now Have 2 & 3, & Wii, Cisco Wireless, But Wired Computers, same network, One Win 7 64b, AMD 255 Dual core w/13gb memory & One Win 7 32B, AMD 255 Dual Core W/12g memory.
adg707
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 11:17:06 PM »

The xbox 360 works great too
y0himba
Super User

Times Thanked: 6

105611 yohimba@zoominternet.net y0himba y0himba
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 03:11:26 AM »

PlayOn will continue to perform poorly with the Roku device, and will most likely be broken with each Roku update.  Roku doesn't want the channel there and doesn't support it. PlayOn insists on using Roku as yet another way to make money from the content of others, even though Roku has removed the channel due to "Legal Reasons".

I don't think it is ever going to work properly and will be more of a bother than the channel is worth. Use Playon On your PS3, or the devices stated above for a much better experience.

[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=37104#p241712

Register or Login
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=37112#p241758

Register or Login
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=37104&start=0&hilit=PlayOn

Heavily Modified Dell Inspiron 530
Intel Q6600 Quad Core
4GB DDR 800
15MB Cable
2TB HDD Raid 0
DLink DIR-655 108.11n
nVidia GeForce GTS 250
2 Roku boxes, PS3, PVR, 3 desktops, 2 laptops and a Kindle.
And a Partridge in a pear treeeee....
tater4

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 08:16:14 AM »

Thanks......didn't even know about the Roku forums....lol Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: