News:
Got some news to share? Post it in the
[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
General
Forum!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blue ray player works with playon  (Read 3825 times)
coles33

Times Thanked: 4

Email
« on: August 23, 2010, 12:30:47 PM »

It appears that sony and playon have worked together so that my BDP 570 can access playon. The interface is much nicer than using the Samsung tv (no unsupported files errors and I can rewind with the sony. While the rewind is slow it works for catching missed dialog but not for going way back unless you have patience
oldtimephotocostumes

Times Thanked: 0

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:33:28 AM »

I have an LG 370,

is there any news regarding PlayOn working on it?

interesting!
coles33

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:44:35 AM »

oldtimephtocostumes

check out this thread from playon forums   
Register or Login
http://www.playon.tv/forum/media-devices/others/sony-bdp-s370-dlna-compatible-new-firmware-m03r567
oldtimephotocostumes

Times Thanked: 0

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 05:35:56 AM »

thank you coles33!
jaywatts

Times Thanked: 1

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 12:36:30 PM »

I have a BD550 and just updated to the newest firmware. Boo! No playon! Oh well, maybe they will update it in the future if I'm lucky.

It appears that sony and playon have worked together so that my BDP 570 can access playon. The interface is much nicer than using the Samsung tv (no unsupported files errors and I can rewind with the sony. While the rewind is slow it works for catching missed dialog but not for going way back unless you have patience
clumpkin

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 08:04:08 PM »

I just purchased and set up the BDP-S470 so I could get Netflix in the bedroom. I chose the unit specifically because of it's DLNA support. After doing the firmware updates and configuring it for my Netflix account I was slightly disappointed that the player only supports titles from your watch instantly cue (no browsing for titles). That is until I noticed the Playon icon pop up and it worked as well as it does on my PS3. My bedroom TV just got a whole lot more interesting.
deedee52

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 11:11:48 AM »

I just placed an order for the S570.  I've been going back and forth for a couple or 3 weeks trying to decide between the S370, S470, and S570.  The 570 has a few features I'm not really interested in at the present time (3D not even a little bit), but things could change in the not-too-distant future, so decided to go ahead and spend a few extra $$.  I'm probably going to use an ethernet connection for now, but if/when I decide to go wireless, the other 2 would require a separate purchase for the wireless adaptor ($80!), whereas the 570 has it built in already.  In any case, I'm not the most tech savvy person, so I hope I'm not getting in over my head here.  Would anyone be kind enough to share just the most basic steps involved in getting PlayOn via the Sony BDP?  I'd be most grateful.  If not, no biggie.  I'll stumble around and eventually get it done on my own .... I hope.  Happy Friday all!
deedee52

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 06:11:32 PM »

Thankfully, I didn't need any "help."  It just works.
deedee52

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

Since firmware upgrade yesterday, I can still see PlayOn and all the channels, scripts, plugins, list of shows, etc, but absolutely every video I select, after several seconds, returns "file corrupt or not supported." I've been on the phone with Sony for hours, through 3 levels of support, with their final conclusion being that the newest FW version is not compatible with PlayOn, and it's not possible to revert to previous firmware, so I'm SOL (actually that last part was my conclusion).

It's obviously an issues with the new FW, but why in the world would it completely fudge up my PlayOn!  I know I'm not the only one accessing PlayOn via a Sony BDP, so am I the only one having this issue?

Are you kidding me?!? Anyone else?
coles33

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 07:33:44 PM »

DeeDee52
I appreciate the heads up on new update. You might be able to go back with cd update? But it might be too old of a file

Register or Login
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?upd_id=5782&os_id=99&SMB=YES
deedee52

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 11:30:15 AM »

Thanks for the link, but I was told by Sony (level 3 tech support .... right) that it was simply not possible to reverse a firmware upgrade, that they wouldn't be able to do it themselves if I sent the player in for repair.  Not that they offered to repair or replace anything, said I needed to acquire a different media server program.  Bite me!  I've already returned the Sony from whence it came.   Cry
deedee52

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »

Interesting.  Dude at PlayOn forum says he has the same player with latest update (both PlayOn and Sony, as did I) and all is well.  I don't know what to think now.  Musta had a dud.
coles33

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 04:52:52 AM »

The update problem seems to be split 50/50 as some are having audio problems and not just with playon. I will wait awhile and see what shakes out.

Register or Login
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1230246&page=42
TRIP
Beta Tester
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 60

Its all fun till the cops show up :(

tripm0nkey420@hotmail.com tripmonkey420 tripm0nkey42o
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »

So this only works on Sony branded blu ray players?

Dave
DLNA Devices:PS3,XBOX360 SLIM ELITE/WII/Optoma TX1080/144"SCREEN
Connection:Wired/Wireless
ISP:Comcast

(Support Advice) If you would like us to do our best to help you,please include your setup info in your signature thanks
coles33

Email
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 05:35:35 AM »

LG has some working but not without problems. They may have fixed them?

Register or Login
http://www.playon.tv/forum/media-devices/others/lg-bd-570
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: