Welcome
News:
Remember to check back often as we are always adding new content to playon!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Discovery Channel Plugin v.2.0  (Read 121333 times)
AllanB
Developer Tier 2

Times Thanked: 45

Quiet is my companion

WWW Email
« on: January 03, 2010, 01:40:51 PM »

This plugin will get the full episodes and the first page of clips available on the Discovery Channel website.

For those who were using the previous version, you will no longer need to download additional files, other than the new plugin file (yay!!).  Clips are now supported, as requested.  But there are literally thousands of clips available, too many to be practical in terms of time and bandwidth.  That is the reason for the plugin only getting the first page listed on the the website.

INSTALLATION
**Now using the Playon plugin installer
Simply download the installer file and run.
If you need to manually install, download the plugin
file and place in the PlayOn plugins folder on your system.

Please click here to download:  
[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
www.discoverplayon.com
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:32:27 AM by AllanB » Logged

Connection:  Wireless
DLNA:  PS3

Christi crux est mea lux
pk9000

Times Thanked: 0

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 04:25:59 PM »

im not sure if i installed it right i am only getting one show on it and 3eps is that all it gets?
AllanB
Developer Tier 2

Quiet is my companion

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »

Yes that's correct.  This plugin only grabs the full episodes from discovery.com website and currently there is just one show with 3 full episodes Everest:Beyond the Limit.  Check out
[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
http://dsc.discovery.com/videos
and click on full episodes and you'll see what's available.  I would hope that when the new seasons of Dirty Jobs and other popular shows starts that more be made available.

When I first started writing the plugin there was several shows available, but it took me so long to figure out the BC component that by the time I was finished they had only the 3 videos available.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 04:39:40 PM by AllanB » Logged

Christi crux est mea lux
Hey Balloon Guy

Times Thanked: 5

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 04:59:13 PM »

Works great on the Wii
iKristine
Developer Tier 1

Times Thanked: 15

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 08:59:33 PM »

Yeah, seems pretty solid on my PS3!

Connection: Wireless
DNLA Devices: PS3 40GB, Wii
Router: Linksys WRT54G
ISP: Comcast

http://www.speedtest.net/result/677243019.png
jaydeeself

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 10:04:40 PM »

i have tried to install both ways. it puts the discovery plugin on the playon menu but give this message. "plugin loaded to slow".  I use win 7 (x64) and wii, no problems with other plugins.  Any help?
AllanB
Developer Tier 2

Quiet is my companion

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 05:53:27 AM »

I've noticed lately that I'm having the same problem with a couple other plugins and this one also.  Have you tried stopping then restarting Playon?  When you do this on the PS3 you have to search for media servers, but not sure about the Wii. This usually works for me, though if I'm doing anything else online at the time it doesn't, I figure it's because of my not so fast dsl.    Try that, if it doesn't work or help lemme know.  Cool

I was downloading something on my PS3 the other day and couldn't get anything on Playon to work.  Checked my speed via CNet's dsl speed test and I was only running at 230k, but when the download finished everything went back to normal, right around 1,000.  Not super fast, but fast enough.   

Christi crux est mea lux
born2golf

Times Thanked: 1

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 06:23:49 AM »

These work fine via XMBC, will test on Xbox360 later today.

Question, is there a reason you opted to not include the clips section? I, for one, would be interested in these segments being available via playon. Anyone else???

Windows XP Pro SP3
Xbox360, Wii, XBMC
FIOS
jaydeeself

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 09:26:10 AM »

i did try that too, and its not my bandwidth it shows max on the play on menu, my pc medium (only thing in yellow), ram 4096mb  254gb hard disk space.  Any time i add a new plugin i have to stop and restart playon. does any one with a (64x OS) have the same problem?  don't know how to check my internet speed, but it is cable and it is faster than when i had yahoo dsl.
synflux
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 86

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 10:52:45 AM »

Any time i add a new plugin i have to stop and restart playon. does any one with a (64x OS) have the same problem? 

This is standard procedure for all supported OS's.  PlayOn will not recognize the new plugin(s) until it is restarted.

Nullum Beneficium Est Impunitum
dnagirl

Times Thanked: 4

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 03:11:32 PM »

Works perfectly on my XBox!
selim

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 07:43:30 AM »

These work fine via XMBC, will test on Xbox360 later today.

Question, is there a reason you opted to not include the clips section? I, for one, would be interested in these segments being available via playon. Anyone else???
I'm with you for the clips section being included especially since there are thousands of clips and just 3 full episodes :-)
AllanB
Developer Tier 2

Quiet is my companion

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 01:53:45 PM »

I'll see about adding the clips as well.  In the mean time I'll work on the folder issue that's showing itself now that there's additional videos available.

Christi crux est mea lux
iKristine
Developer Tier 1

Times Thanked: 15

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 08:41:48 PM »

Replaced per instructed. No go, everything data corrupt. It listed 2 folders Dirty Jobs and Everest, however both pulled up to mix shows from each.

Connection: Wireless
DNLA Devices: PS3 40GB, Wii
Router: Linksys WRT54G
ISP: Comcast

http://www.speedtest.net/result/677243019.png
AllanB
Developer Tier 2

Quiet is my companion

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 06:42:17 AM »

Replaced per instructed. No go, everything data corrupt. It listed 2 folders Dirty Jobs and Everest, however both pulled up to mix shows from each.
Looking into it, but not really sure.  I watched a couple last night after the update with no probs. and looking at it now, all seems well.

I just downloaded the new file, deleted my old one and pasted the new one and it appears functional.  Maybe re-download and delete old file and paste new one again, just to be sure there wasn't any corruption in the download.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:46:18 AM by AllanB » Logged

Christi crux est mea lux
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: