News:
Found a bug? Post it in the
[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
Support
Forum!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LDS Feeds (Updated 9/30/2009)  (Read 16409 times)
yeaforme
Developer Tier 1

Times Thanked: 14

« on: September 04, 2009, 02:14:05 PM »

*** UPDATED 9/30/2009 ***

Updated the original LDS General Conference Archive OPML to include all available feeds that I could find that are related to the LDS church.  Summary of feeds include:

* General Conference Archive - Languages: English, ASL, Spanish, Portugese
* CES Fireside for Young Adults - Languages: English, French, Spanish, Portugese
* LDS World Report - Languages: English only
* BYU Broadcasting Podcast Videos - Languages: English only
* Teachings of the Presidents of the Church - Languages: ASL only
* Mormon Messages - English only
* BYU Magazine Podcast - English only

The feeds are organized by language.  Most feeds are taken from lds.org.  BYU Broadcasting Podcast Vidoes is from byub.org and both Mormon Messages and BYU Magazine Podcast were found on iTunes.  This OPML is included in the OPML Category Pack found in the Downloads section of this site.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:08:35 PM by yeaforme » Logged

DLNA Device: XBox 360 (20 GB); XBMC on PC
Connection: Wired
ISP: University
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
bigpatky

Times Thanked: 0

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 08:00:05 AM »

thanks for this. haven't tested it yet, but i'm hopeful.
yeaforme
Developer Tier 1

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 07:45:10 AM »

As noted above, please post any errors.  Also, if you happen across other related feeds, let me know and I can add them.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Belgaron

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »

I'm new to the group (I just downloaded this and will test in a few minutes), but I was wondering whether it's possible to watch tomorrow's conference through this or how long it would take for the current conference to be archived. I'm also curious as to whether a mod'd version of the Fox plugin would work for current broadcasts as they both use Move Networks player.
yeaforme
Developer Tier 1

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »

The conference this weekend will not be available via RSS until it has been archived - when that happens is totally up to whomever archives it.  My guess is that archiving the sessions and adding them to the RSS feed will probably take a bit, so don't expect to see the newest conference sessions up for a while, maybe as long as a week or so.

It would require a plugin to get it via the media player at the LDS church website, BYUTV, or whatever other source (probably a separate plugin for each source).  Whether that separate plugin could be a mod'd version of the Fox one, or not, I can't say.  As of now, there is no such plugin, nor do I know of one in the pipeline.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 07:29:05 PM by yeaforme » Logged

klorenzen

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 03:49:40 PM »

Do you know of anyone planning to make a plugin for PlayOn that will send these LDS Feeds to me TV?  If not, I might consider trying to do it myself and sharing.  I would sertainly be willing to help anyone that is interested.  I am very new to this technology but like it so far.
yeaforme
Developer Tier 1

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 07:11:47 PM »

I think I may need clarification.  If by "these LDS Feeds" you mean the feeds contained in this OPML, then all you need is the Podcasts Plugin and this OPML and you can get the feeds contained therein on your TV.

If, however, by "these LDS Feeds" you mean what I was referring to in the previous post (e.g., live streaming media from the LDS or BYUTV websites), then I know of no one working on a plugin for that and you're more than welcome to go for it.

klorenzen

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 07:50:36 AM »

Thank you for clearing that up.  I did not realize that there was a difference.  I will give the podcast thing a try.  I still think it would be nice to have more realtime access to BYU TV so I may try to learn how to make the plugin.  That will also help me learn how this technology works.  Now that I am without cable I am hungry for more free video.
splitbamboo

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 04:21:49 PM »

It's April 2010 now. Anyone come up with a way to get General Conference via playon.tv?
yeaforme
Developer Tier 1

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 09:25:53 AM »

Get the BYU.TV script.

robbyrobaz

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 08:43:41 AM »

I found a way to play General Conference on my xbox 360 by streaming it through TVersity if anybody wants to know.
Install TVersity, go to library, add item, type: internet video

The video url you need to copy and paste from the link on the lds.org windows media icon on
[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/
... s?lang=eng (right click to copy link address or shortcut)

My link was : mms://a1119.l12520051118.c125200.g.lm.a ... ctor:51118

Then hit the Submit button.

Then on your Xbox, browse the XBOX video player, find tversity, all, then find the name of your video stream you labeled in TVersity.    Smiley
This should work on any network media player that uses UPNP, like Boxee Box, Google TV, PS3, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: