News:
Want to give feedback on a plugin? Post it to the plugins thread in the
[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
Downloads
Forum!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Playon Random Freezes watching shows and movies WTF!!!  (Read 4321 times)
czoom

Times Thanked: 1

Email
« on: August 22, 2009, 01:33:52 AM »

Random Freezes. This has been happening to me here and there. I will watch a show or movie then bam it freezes (Usually towards the end of the show). My 360 does not freeze, just the show I am watching freezes. Pissed me the hell off when I was watching Homegrown movie on crackle. I just bought playon, they need to fix these screwed up bugs. Sucks big time. Does anyone else have this problem? It does not happen all the time but it does happen I would say around 30% to 40%  of the time when watching shows. When I had Netflix (Through XBOX Live Service) never had any of these problems so seems to me its bugs in playon.

Here is what I am running playon on.

-Xbox 360
-10MPS Download connection
-(Fast PC) AMD 64 X2 3.8
-1GB DDR Ram
-Windows XP Home

Anyone have a fix for this?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 01:43:18 AM by czoom » Logged
Amerisun

Times Thanked: 21

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 05:24:06 AM »

My advice would be as soon as it does this.. immediately go back to your PC and send in a support request (right then!) and explain.  They can see the logs and the statistics on what you're streaming and tell you what's going on.

I have done that before, and had them patch things right away as I assume they saw something they needed to fix.  Sometimes people think a problem is reported by everyone and then no one reports it. Smiley

I have had problems with Netflix in the past, but not these problems.  Lately things have settled in for me quite nicely and everything works most of the time.  (80% or so, depending on my bandwidth, computers, etc.)

-Amerisun

Register or Login

OS: Vista Ultimate (x32), XP Ultimate (x64), Windows 7 (x64)
Connection: Wired (10 gbs)
DNLA Devices: XBox360, Wii, PS3
ISP: Mindspring (soon Uverse)
avalien
Keeper of Happy Thoughts
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 90

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 07:46:55 AM »

Agreed. Send the ticket up to PlayOn. Though if you tell me the exact title in Crackle, I can test with my Xbox 360 also and see if the problem occurs.

"The content is out there Fox Mulder"
"Your living room just got larger"
czoom

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 10:24:17 AM »

Agreed. Send the ticket up to PlayOn. Though if you tell me the exact title in Crackle, I can test with my Xbox 360 also and see if the problem occurs.

Yeah I sent in a error report to the media mall.
 It happens with all shows here and there seems on all channels. Not all the time. Some of the time. Happened with Homegrown movie last night (On Crackle) about 40 minutes in right at the "Red van scene at the diner". Has Happened towards the end in Hulu shows "30 Rock", "Hells Kitchen", "Kitchen Nightmares". Know has nothing to do with connection speed I just went strait to Crackle and re watched "Homegrown" on my PC and it was fine.

Register or Login
czoom

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 10:52:41 AM »

Ok mediamall has responded. Said problem is probably caused by Norton Internet Protection on my PC. I thought I got rid of Norton's months ago lol. Checked and there was still Nortons programs around on my PC. Sad when virus protection becomes the problem and acts like a virus lol. I will test this out and let you guys know if that was the problem.

EDIT: Nope that did not work Froze again while watching Kitchen Nightmares. Its a bug.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 11:30:41 AM by czoom » Logged
avalien
Keeper of Happy Thoughts
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 02:20:48 PM »

I hate hearing it is freezing on one of my favorite shows for you. But I did test crackle movie and let it play. It played fine for me. I haven't tested this theory out - but you could try testing it with Safe Mode with Networking - I'm not sure if PlayOn functions in that mode. This will help isolate a system software issue.

czoom

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 03:53:58 PM »

Well looks like the connection to the PC to 360 is closing randomly says playon. So I disabled my wireless network and I am going to try some other router settings out. Really does not make sense. Xbox live works always fine.
avalien
Keeper of Happy Thoughts
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 04:07:40 PM »

I had to swap out a router recently due to the router failing randomly. Might be the case in your situation. Good luck!

czoom

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 06:20:36 PM »

I had to swap out a router recently due to the router failing randomly. Might be the case in your situation. Good luck!

Just to let everyone know. I think I fixed the problem. When I disabled my wireless network seems like that may have fixed the problem. Just watched 3 shows with no problems at all.
avalien
Keeper of Happy Thoughts
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 06:56:34 PM »

Good to hear! Smiley

Toxicdog

Times Thanked: 0

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 07:36:26 PM »

Problem probably was that you had low bandwidth and usually caused vids. to be interrupted or choppy. usually it can be fixed by shutting down both the xbox and your computer, then resetting your modem and router. Usually always works.
onyx
Administrator

Times Thanked: 60

FearTheSobe
Email
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 07:43:07 AM »

Or possibly that someone was stealing your wireless, using the same local IP as another one of your devices, causing IP conflicts, make sure if you enable your wireless to have a good security (not WEP - as thats easily hacked)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: